Just a few (relatively) quick announcements. I’ve alluded to some of these things before (here or elsewhere) but wanted to make sure nobody misses them.
1. I will be going on hiatus from oracular seidhr beginning September 11th, 2015. (The reason I am stopping that week, rather than on the 18th as Seb is doing with his own services, is because my birthday is 9/22 and I’d like to have that week free and clear.) This means that September 11th is the LAST day I will be accepting orders for oracular seidhr; my last day actually performing seidhr will be Sunday 9/13 (but you will need to have placed your order by 9/11 to be included in that last session). After I go on hiatus, my services will not resume until AT LEAST after the New Year (possibly longer than that, depending).
There are many reasons for this, but the primary one is that I need to be free to put all of my energies into my shop during the busy holiday season. I have a lot of exciting things planned; I will be working in precious metals for some of the stamped jewelry designs I’m planning, and there has been so much excitement already about the God-in-a-Box Shrines that I plan to put some time into expanding that line–among a few other projects I’m considering. I also plan, over the winter, to begin looking into sources for cruelty-free stones, including rough diamonds, to incorporate into some of my designs. But all of this fun stuff will require setting aside huge blocks of time for design experimentation, (and not just for production and order fulfillment), and to do my best design work I need to be rested, refreshed, and not drained. (Oracular seidhr is a service I enjoy providing for people, but it IS a drain on my time and energy.)
I also plan to spend more time over the fall and winter (as well as going forward) with my Husband; my adjusting to working for myself has been a bit of an adjustment period for our relationship as well, especially with Grim’s death coming in the middle of that, and I find that the more time I spend on other people’s spiritual lives the less I have to work on my own. (Since most of the Work I do is not actually human-focused, this is not a good thing long-term.) Fall and winter are heavy-volume Work times for Him and for the Wild Hunt, and in addition to the things I actually participate in with Him during this time He also has permission to take whatever He needs from me energetically. When He does this, I definitely feel a difference in my energy levels, and I need to be sure I can meet my responsibilities both to Him and to the shop without feeling overwhelmed or running myself into the ground. In addition to which, I want to carve out some time for writing so I can finally get my Odin/godspouse/sacred queenship book written.
All of which is to say, if you have your heart set on booking a seidhr session with me this fall, don’t wait; that window is closing soon!
2. At the beginning of September, I will be announcing another seidhr scholarship opportunity, wherein you will have a chance to win a half-price seidhr session with me before my hiatus starts. The winner will still have to pay for half the price of a session ($37.50), but a generous patron has donated the other half for you. If that interests you, watch this blog for the chance to submit your name.
3. As I mentioned in passing before, once this month’s 20% off sale is over, I will NOT be having another sale until my pre-holiday sale in November, and from that point onward will be having only TWO big sales a year (the other one will happen in April, for Beltaine). I will doing something else specific (rather than a discount) as an ordering incentive for all of the other Wheel of the Year holidays, and MAY be having a 24 hour flash sale for my birthday (9/22) and Odin’s birthday (which we celebrate on 10/31).
The reason I put most of my jewelry line on sale for the entire month of August was because my style will be changing so drastically, and because I wanted to clear room and raise money for new supplies and equipment. Before anyone asks, YES, I will continue to use gemstone beads, and in fact they will be an even bigger focus than previously; however, rather than the quantity of beads used per piece I am going to be putting my emphasis on using higher grades of gemstones (this really DOES make a huge difference) and hopefully ferreting out some cruelty-free sources for them, as mentioned. Even though I mentioned sourcing rough diamonds, I am not going to be working primarily with precious gems, because I am personally more fascinated by unusual semi-precious gems (such as dumortierite and hypersthene), but I will be putting more emphasis on the energies of these stones and how they combine with the metals I’m using. (Read: for the most part I won’t be using base metal charms, clasps, or connectors in my jewelry anymore; these will be replaced by handmade pendants, handmade clasps, hand-set stones, etc. I will probably still use the base metal charms in my handspun cords, however, since it would be hard to find an affordable supply of pagan symbols to use with those otherwise.)
I’m reiterating all of this just to let folks know that, once August ends, store-wide discount sales will be few and far between. If half the store is always on sale, the sale price then becomes the actual regular price of my products, and since my business is my only source of income that’s a real problem (as Odin has been pointing out to me). I’ve also begun crunching numbers for some of my regular items, and you may see a few of those prices going up as a result. (This happened recently with my candle tins, which I discovered I was not making any money on at their old price.)
So, if there is something in my shop you’ve been eyeing but you’re delaying for whatever reason, I just wanted to make sure you know there isn’t going to be a better time than right now. (Especially since some of the sale pieces will be dismantled to provide fodder for my new designs after September 1st.)
4. TOMORROW, August 25th, my first six God-in-a-Box portable shrines will be going live. I’ve been working on this project for weeks now, and I’m happy to see so many people as excited about it as I am! The Odin shrine is already spoken for, incidentally, but I will be showcasing it anyway, and will likely be ordering more supplies to make a new series very soon (including more Odins). If enough people are interested in pre-orders I will be setting up listings in the shop to facilitate that.
Since that leaves only five shrines up for grabs when they go live tomorrow, IF you want first dibs on any of the remaining ones (I have Loki, Frigga, Freyja, Bast, and Hermes available at this point), you are going to need to join my mailing list, as I will be announcing the release there a couple of hours before I showcase them on my blog (and I’m keeping the actual release time undisclosed for that reason). You can read more about this project (as well as about what to expect from the mailing list) on my other blog here.
5. I am also planning to release the complete Chinese Zodiac Collection (antiqued brass medallions on hand-worked gemstone rosary chains) before the end of the month, so watch for those, too! (And yes, I have all 12 signs this time!)