I really love this one, but then we all know I’m a sucker for the dark blues! This is a cord for dreamwork, designed to encourage vivid dreams, dream recall, prophetic dreams, and astral travel within the dream state. It also resonates well with gods and goddesses of night, sleep, dreamwork, and astral/otherworld journeying, such as Odin, Morpheus, Hypnos, and Nott.
The cord is made from the finest hand dyed Cheviot and Merino wools with carbonized bamboo and plenty of silk and shimmer. It was Navajo plied with two strands of metallic novelty yarn, in dark blue and glittery gold. The result is a velvety soft dark blue cord (the blue of the night sky) with shimmery hints of gold, red, deep pink, purple, and charcoal grey.
Please be aware that each monitor shows color a bit differently. Since these are made in tiny batches by hand, the cord you receive may not be identical to the photographs, but it will be very close. Please allow for slight variations!
Blessed and consecrated with the energies and intentions of dreamwork and dream recall, and soaked with grey moonstone and mugwort leaf (for journeying and vivid dreaming) and essential oils of valerian root (for deep sleep), frankincense (for protection during the dreaming/journeying state), rosemary (for dream recall), chamomile, rose, and lavender (for relaxation and sweet dreams).
The cord ends are adorned with four charms: an antique bronzetone rabbit jumping over a crescent moon (for escaping waking consciousness), a silvertone wishing well (symbolizing the Well of Dreams), a blue goldstone that shimmers like stars in the night sky, and a little cork-stopped glass vial filled with mugwort leaf (the visionary herb). (The cork is glued in place.)
You can use this cord:
- To adorn a bedside altar dedicated to your dreamwork
– To adorn an altar for any god or goddess associated with sleep, dreams, prophetic dreaming, or otherworld travel in dreams
– As a prayer cord, for working with any god or goddess of sleep or dreams
– For petitioning a deity of sleep, night, or dreams
– For any ritual or spell having to do with dreamwork, prophetic dreaming, or astral travel in dreams
– For meditation prior to sleep
– As a dedication cord to any deity of night, sleep, or dreams
– As a necklace lariat, belt, or hair tie to wear to a rite in honor of a deity of the night, sleep, or dreaming
– For knot spell work
– To spread on the floor to mark out your ritual circle for working with a deity of sleep or dreams, or for dreamwork rituals
– As a portable altar/shrine to a deity of sleep or dreams, or a stealth shrine (for those who are unable to practice openly)
– To wear on any occasion when you want to surround yourself with the intention of having vivid and/or prophetic dreams, traveling astrally during dreams, and/or recalling your dreams
I only have two of the full-sized (3 yard) cords available, plus one shorter cord (one yard, 23 inches) that would be perfect for wearing as a necklace lariat. So if you need this cord, hurry up and get yours now! I still have Dia de Los Muertos cords, one Self Love cord, a couple of fixed candles (more soon!) and lots of other cool stuff, too!
As always, thank you so much for your patronage and support! I was up half the night packaging up candles for shipment (I pack fragile things REALLY securely, so don’t worry!) and printing out postage–so I am exhausted today. I have a few content-related posts swimming around in my brain, but they probably won’t be happening this evening!